U’s look strong in defence and attack, ahead of Carlisle visit
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United will be sweating on a late fitness test for midfielder Tim Lapslie, ahead of tomorrow’s home test against Carlisle United.
Lapslie was replaced early in the second half of last Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Macclesfield, due to an ongoing sore hamstring.
Fellow midfielders Harry Pell (hamstring) and Brandon Comley (knee) are again definite non-starters, so Diaz Wright is on standby to partner Ben Stevenson in the centre of the park, if Lapslie misses out.
By contrast, manager John McGreal has refreshing options in both defence and attack, with centre-half Tom Eastman possibly returning to the starting line-up in a three-man back-line.
Up top, Frank Nouble is again set to play as the centre forward, with attacking alternatives Mikael Mandron, Luke Norris and Callum Roberts all poised for the bench.
You may also want to watch:
Carlisle will be without leading scorer Jamie Devitt, who serves the second of a three-match suspension for his recent red card against Crewe.
- 1 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 9 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 10 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
COLCHESTER: Gilmartin, Eastman, Prosser, Kent, Jackson, Stevenson, Lapslie, Vincent-Young, Senior, Szmodics, Nouble, Eisa, Wright, Mandron, Norris, Roberts, Dickenson, Dunne & Barnes.
CARLISLE: Collin, Miller, Gerrard, Grant, Grainger, Thomas, Slater, Etuhu, O’Hare, Scougall, Hope, McCarron, Cullen, Liddell, Kennedy, Jones, Glendon, Simpson, Parkes & Gray.
Referee: Trevor Kettle (Rutland)