Five hockey players from Framlingham College get call up for England squad
- Credit: Archant
Five students at an independent school in east Suffolk could be playing hockey for their country after been selected for a prestigious assessment camp.
Framlingham College congratulated the young players for their dedication after being invited to the England national squad assessment camp next weekend.
Lottie Summers and Rose Winter will be trying out for the girls’ under 16 squad while Molly Redgrove and Abby Gooderham are in the under-18s category. Archie Winter will be assessed for the boys’ under-18 squad.
Headmaster Paul Taylor said: “Everyone at Framlingham is thrilled for these five exceptional young hockey players.
“Their selection is fully deserved and is the result of sustained dedication and hard work – as well as significant natural talent – and we are pleased that we have been able to support them in pursuing their sporting ambitions.
You may also want to watch:
“This adds to our delight at recently being crowned champions in all five of the girls’ county age groups and reflects well on the supportive and high quality coaching culture that currently permeates all sports at the college.”
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave