Five out for Colchester United at Charlton
- Credit: Lucy taylor
Injuries will rule out five of Colchester United’s first-team squad, including two casualities from Saturday’s 2-2 draw against Oldham, for tonight’s Capital One Cup first round tie at Championship hosts Charlton Athletic.
Tosin Olufemi (long-term Achilles injury), David Wright (sore Achilles) and Sanchez Watt (patella tendonitis) remain out, while Craig Eastmond and Drey Wright both picked up knocks against the Latics.
Midfielder Eastmond hobbled off with an ankle injury, just after the half-hour mark, while winger Wright took a knock to the knee.
Charlton boss, Belgian Bob Peeters, is set to ring the changes following Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Brentford in the Championship.
U’s boss Joe Dunne said: “There will be one or two changes, but not many because the squad is already stretched.”
You may also want to watch:
See today’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ newspaper for a match preview, and an interview with right-back Sean Clohessy
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?