Five-star Framlingham provide hot football on a cold afternoon
- Credit: Archant
THURLOW ONE Framlingham Tn 5 Halstead Tn 1
Framlingham Town returned to winning ways with a five-star performance against draw specialists Halstead on a crisp bright afternoon at Badingham Road, writes Iain Smith.
The home side started brightly with Danny Smith leading the line, his early shot from distance went wide before good interplay between Kerridge and Aldis resulted in the first of several first half corners.
Pavett for the visitors had Halstead’s first opportunity with a free kick in front of goal that sailed harmlessly wide of the post.
On 13 minutes the home side opened the scoring when a Willett corner was partially cleared by keeper Fowler for Kerridge to turn and score from close range.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors were breaking forward through Baker and Andrade and on 20 minutes Cuncliffe’s low cross hit Baker and ballooned over the bar.
The home side doubled their lead on 20 minutes, Taylor’s header was picked up by Thorpe who in turn played a one two with Willett and the Fram player continued his run into the area and shot over the keeper from an angle, hit the underside of the bar and nestled in the far corner.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 7 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
Halstead were pushing forward before the break and Pavett ‘s header was off target before Fram finished with the keeper collecting shots from Ling and Smith.
Halstead had a better spell of attacking football for the first ten minutes of the second half, Mayhew had to clear a shot from Baker off the line before the same player had a header hit the bar soon after.
Fram brought on Sprague and Boardley and the former made an instant impact when he brought a save from keeper Fowler before planting a 25-yard shot into the top corner to increase the home side’s lead on 72 minutes.
Two minutes later Danny Smith beat the keeper to a poor back pass the score a fourth.
Halstead pulled goal back on 85 minutes when substitute Morris finished off a good move however another poor clearance found Danny Smith who strode forward to clip the ball over the advancing keeper to secure a well deserved victory for the home side.