Five-star Town romp to victory
IPSWICH Town romped to a 5-2 victory against relegation-threatened Hull City tonight.The Blues fell behind to an early Dean Windass goal but equalised two minutes through loan-signing Francis Jeffers, on his full debut.
IPSWICH Town romped to a 5-2 victory against relegation-threatened Hull City tonight.
The Blues fell behind to an early Dean Windass goal but equalised two minutes through loan-signing Francis Jeffers, on his full debut.
A deflected Jaime Peters effort made it 2-1 before Alan Lee added a third. Jason de Vos made 4-1 and substitute Danny Haynes made it five.
A Windass penalty the 83rd minute reduced the arrears but Town dominated the game and could have had more goals.
You may also want to watch:
It was the second victory on the trot for Town, who had not previously scored a goal in nearly 10 hours until Saturday's 2-1 victory over QPR.
The victory moves Town well clear of the relegation zone.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's