Flare side scoop national award
SUNDAY side Chantry Rangers have won a prestigious national award - with the season just a few weeks old.The Flare Recruitment Sunday League club has taken the 11-a-side team of the year award within the Carling One-All awards for 2009.
SUNDAY side Chantry Rangers have won a prestigious national award - with the season just a few weeks old.
The Flare Recruitment Sunday League club has taken the 11-a-side team of the year award within the Carling One-All awards for 2009. These awards celebrate the all-too-often overlooked sporting triumphs that take place every weekend on football pitches across the UK.
Teams, players, managers, referees and fans up and down the country were asked to nominate in all 11 award categories with Chantry Rangers selected after winning four consecutive promotions, and two league cups in the past four seasons.
You may also want to watch:
Last season, they had an impressive defensive record, only losing one game, and their nomination also took into account their commitment to be self-funded.
It was Lyn Reilly who made the nomination and she said: “They are a great bunch of lads who enjoy life to the full on. Since entering adult football in 2005-06 they have gone from strength to strength, winning every division and winning league team of the season this year.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England