Matchday Recap: One goal, a missed penalty, a red card, 10 bookings and three points - the story of Town’s win at Fleetwood
Ipswich Town won 1-0 in a fiery contest at Fleetwood this afternoon.
Ipswich enter the game sitting top of the table after 10 games of their season, while Fleetwood are four points further back in third.
The two sides have never met before but do so as equals following the Cod Army's meteoric rise up the football pyramid from the non-league game.
Town boss Paul Lambert is expecting a tough encounter.
"It's a tough game but every game's hard," Lambert said.
You may also want to watch:
"We're always going to be the big club that people want to take on and this one's going to be no different.
"For us it's a tough game but it is for them as well. If we keep on doing what we're doing then hopefully we'll get another win
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
"We're in really good form at the moment and we go into every game trying to win."
You can follow the game live right here.