‘I don’t really take any notice’ - Downes focused on Town as West Ham join race to sign him
- Credit: Archant
Young Ipswich Town star Flynn Downes insists he is focused only on the Blues’ promotion push – as a number of clubs, including Premier League West Ham, are said to be considering a move for the midfielder in the January transfer window.
Downes, 20, has been one of Town's stand-out players so far this season, attracting interest from Championship duo QPR and Fulham, with West Ham now also said to be tracking him.
But the combative youngster says that, while it's a good confidence boost, he's concentrating on fuelling Town's bid to bounce straight back to the Championship.
He told the club's website: "I've heard the stuff that's been mentioned but I don't really take any notice of it.
"Speculation is all part of the game and while it's nice to hear and gives the confidence a bit of a boost, I don't take much interest in it.
You may also want to watch:
"One day I'd love to play in the Premier League but every player will tell you that. It's been my dream since I was a kid but I'm not getting ahead of myself.
"The only thing that I'm concerned about now is getting back to winning ways here and helping the boys get promoted."
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds