Follow England in the football and rugby this weekend
ENGLAND can book their place in the Euro 2012 finals in Ukraine and Poland next year, if they avoid defeat in Montenegro tonight.
The game will be broadcast live on Sky Sports 1, from 7.30pm, with an 8pm kick-off.
With England hopefully qualified, it will then be the turn of the country’s rugby union team to try and reach the semi-finals of the World Cup when they face France in the quarter final tomorrow.
Live TV coverage begins at 8am on ITV1 with an 8.30am kick-off and that will be the second of a double-header on the channel with Ireland v Wales kicking off at 6am, coverage beginning at 5.30am.
Domestically, Colchester are at home in League One action when they host Yeovil (3pm) while Braintree make the long trip to York in the Blue Square Bet Premier.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, AFC Sudbury entertain Great Wakering in the FA Carlsberg Trophy Preliminary Round while, also in the competition, Leiston travel to Brentwood Town, and Needham Market make the trip to Ramsgate.
In the Ryman League Premier Divison, Bury Town are at home to Leatherhead and Lowestoft are on the road at Wealdstone.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 8 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
There is a full list of games in the Ridgeons League Premier Division including Brantham Athletic at home to Wroxham, Haverhill at FC Clacton, Hadleigh United v Diss Town and Mildenhall Town v Great Yarmouth (A full list of fixtures can be found in today’s Evening Star.
It is also the first round of the Suffolk Senior Cup this weekend with Debenham LC v Ipswich Athletic and Sudbury Athletic v Long Melford two of the stand-out ties.