Football, rugby and racing: Where can you watch great local sport in the next seven days?
- Credit: Archant
The international break may be over and Ipswich Town back in action, but that’s no reason to stop watching local sport.
Whether you want non-league footy or something different like a bit of rugby union, here’s a quick guide to what’s coming up over the next seven days.
Football: Bury Town v Thurrock
This Ryman Division 1 North fixture takes place on Saturday and a reasonable start to the season should hopefully see the hosts emerge victorious.
Bury are above Thurrock in the table at present are also the more prolific scorers – so it all bodes well.
You may also want to watch:
Venue: Ram Meadow, Cotton Lane, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 1XP. Tickets: Adult £9, concession £5, 10-16-year-old £2, under 10 free. Date: 3pm, October 15.
Horse racing: Great Yarmouth
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
Looking ahead slightly into next week (and just over the border into Norfolk) next Tuesday sees the season finale at Great Yarmouth race course.
You will, of course, have to be available in the day, but if you are this promises to be a nice way to see out competition at the course for 2016.
Venue: Great Yarmouth Racecourse, Jellicoe Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 4AU. Tickets: Grandstand and paddock admission £11, premier admission £18. Date: 12noon (gates open), October 18 (first race 2.20pm, last race 5.20pm).
Rugby Union: Bury St Edmunds v Redruth
Two sides in the top half of the table taking on each other here, Bury hoping home advantage will help them to the win.
It’s always a good standard of rugby at the Haberden and the hosts will need to keep that up if they want to be in the promotion mix come the end of the season.
Venue: The Greene King IPA Haberden, Southgate Green, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 2BL. Tickets: Adult £10, OAP and under 18 £5, under 12 free. Date: 2pm, October 15.
Football: Colchester United u23 v Ipswich Town u23
A local youth derby here on Monday evening and sure to be an entertaining affair.
It is also one of the few youth games in this part of the world kicking off at a watchable time on a weekday (if you work or go to school/college at any rate) and rather than being out of the way at a training ground it’s being played at the main ground.
Venue: Weston Homes Community Stadium, Colchester, Essex, CO4 5UP. Tickets: Adult £10, concession £7, under 18 £5, under 14 £3, under 11 free, season ticket holders free. Date: 7pm, October 17.