Football sessions for women
WOMEN can take advantage of weekly football sessions in the area after ‘Kick Yourself Fit’, and new football project, was launched in Felixstowe.
Suffolk FA have joined forces with Suffolk Sport and Sport England to provide the opportunity to play football on Monday evening for an hour at Felixstowe & Walton FC.
The sessions are delivered by head coach Scott Egerton and 11 ladies are already attending at just �1 per time.
Suffolk FA’s Girls’ & Women’s Football Development Officer Sue Wells is delighted with the opportunities that the project will create “We have identified from local research and a number of enquiries that there are many women in the town who are looking to either return to the game after a period away or to experience football for the first time.”
“We have already delivered a highly successful version of the Ladies ‘Kick Yourself Fit’ Project in Ipswich with over 36 different ladies having attended. The project is ideal for ladies looking for a different format of football and the aim is to link all the projects together to form a recreational midweek league for ladies football”
You may also want to watch:
Any queries relating to the ‘Kick Yourself Fit’ sessions should be directed to Sue Wells, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well