Former favourite George Elokobi returns to Colchester United
Former favourite George Elokobi has this afternoon re-signed for Colchester United.
Seven years after leaving the U’s, popular defender Elokobi has returned to the Essex club to add some much-needed experience to the back four.
The 29-year-old, after an impressive few years with the U’s, went on to grace the Premier League with Wolves.
He has also enjoyed spells with Nottingham Forest, Bristol City and, most recently, Oldham in League One.
Elokobi, who has signed a two-year deal, enthused: “Colchester gave me my first opportunity and I am chuffed to be back to play my part in moving the club in the right direction.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a massively different club, with much better facilities and from when the manager (Tony Humes) told me he wanted me to come and sign for the club, it was a no brainer for myself.
“I knew the club quite well anyway and knew it was a chance to come back to the same set of supporters who had backed me so well.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology