Former Ipswich Town defender Tyrone Mings turns up for a kick-about with AFC Bournemouth fans
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Ipswich Town defender Tyrone Mings surprised some AFC Bournemouth fans by turning up for a seven-a-side kick-about last night following an exchange on Twitter.
The 24-year-old, who did not feature in the Cherries’ final game of the Premier League season on Sunday, put out a public message at 7pm last night which read ‘I wanna go kick some ball tonight’.
Bournemouth fan Alex Deutsch replied with the name of a seven-a-side venue and kick-off time and, surprisingly, Mings turned up little more than an hour later, joined in and posed for pictures.
The Bath-born defender – who Town signed from Chippenham Town for £10k and sold to Bournemouth for £8m – has a history of interacting with fans on social media during his fairytale rise from mortgage broker and non-league player to top-flight star.
In March 2013, he contacted a Town fan who had described themselves as ‘skint’ on Twitter to arrange two complimentary tickets to a game.
He again showed his generous side when, on Christmas Day that year, he helped out at a homeless shelter in Ipswich.
The following summer, again via Twitter, he pledged to buy new a shirt for any Blues fans who had his old squad number on their replica kits following his switch from No15 to No.3.
You may also want to watch:
Mings suffered a long-term knee injury on his Bournemouth debut last August. He made his comeback in January and then was controversially handed a five-match ban for an alleged stamp on Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic in March.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural