Former Ipswich Town youngster Joe Whight grabs winner for Bury Town
- Credit: Archant
Late goals from Jack Brame and Joe Whight (penalty) gave Bury Town a 2-1 Ryman Premier home victory against Met Police last night.
Brame cancelled out Bradley Hudson-Odoi’s 75th-minute penalty opener, before Whight sealed the points.
Meanwhile, Leiston lost 1-0 at home to already-relegated Carshalton Athletic.
Despite dominating for large spells, the home side just couldn’t break down Carshalton with the best opportunity coming from a Craig Parker volley that was well saved by Ben Dunzinski.
The winning goal arrived in the 11th minute when a large clearance caught the home side square and Murphy-McVey finished inside the box.
You may also want to watch:
In Ryman Division One North, Frank Everett and Neil Cousins gave fourth-placed Heybridge Swifts all three points at Tilbury.
Elsewhere, Maldon & Tiptree were 4-1 winners against Aveley, thanks to goals from Leon McKenzie, Junior Appiah, Ollie Berquez and Paul Seymour.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
Lowestoft Town defeated Enfield 2-0 at home.