Former Premier League star Jamie O’Hara joins Ryman Premier League side Billericay Town
- Credit: PA
Billericay Town have continued their revolution under new owner Glenn Tamplin by signing former Tottenham and Wolves midfielder Jamie O’Hara.
The 30-year-old, who has seven England Under-21 caps, joins another former Premier League star, Paul Konchesky, at the Ryman Premier League club.
The Blues, who saw a bid to sign striker Matt Blake rejected on Tuesday, but recently signed his Leiston team-mate Byron Lawrence, are five points off the play-offs.
The club’s move for O’Hara was helped by reality TV star Mark Wright, who is considering buying a stake in the non-league club.
O’Hara, who starred in the latest series of Celebrity Big Brother, said: “I was worried the fact that I did Big Brother and with my injuries in the past whether I’d get back.
You may also want to watch:
“I wasn’t getting a call (from league clubs) and this gives me a chance. I’ve committed to the end of next season.”
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout