Former Town coach sacked
WILLIE Donachie has been sacked as manager of Millwall.The former assistant manger to Joe Royle at Ipswich Town went after the Lions slumped to bottom of League One, following a 4-0 loss at Carlisle on Saturday.
WILLIE Donachie has been sacked as manager of Millwall.
The former assistant manger to Joe Royle at Ipswich Town went after the Lions slumped to bottom of League One, following a 4-0 loss at Carlisle on Saturday.
Millwall's executive deputy chairman Heather Rabbatts said: "This decision was taken by the board with a heavy heart.
"We took the view that, as at the same stage last season, decisive action was necessary in the long-term interests of the football club."
You may also want to watch:
Donachie took charge in September last year and led Millwall from a precarious position in the relegation zone to mid-table safety, but that upturn was not continued this term.
Veteran defender Richard Shaw, assisted by Colin West, will take charge of the first team for this weekend's clash with fellow strugglers Gillingham.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from