Former Town defender on trial at U’s
COLCHESTER United manager John Ward will run the rule over former Ipswich Town defender Seb Dunbar in a reserve team game against Stevenage tonight.
The 18-year-old came through the ranks at Portman Road but, after signing a short-term contract under Roy Keane, was released by the club. He has been training with the U’s in recent weeks.
Tonight’s game at Maldon & Tiptree’s Wallace Binder Stadium (7pm ko) is Colchester’s first Totesport.com East Reserve League outing of the year.
Forward Matthias Viljhlmsson and left-back Conor Powell – both January signings – will both feature as they continue their search for full match fitness, while full-back Morten Knudsen will continue his good progress following a long-term knee injury.
Experienced first team players Pat Baldwin, Anthony Wordsworth, Ian Henderson and Kayode Odejayi are also set to play.
You may also want to watch:
Colchester hosts Swindon in an npower League One match this Saturday.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 9 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge