Former U’s striker on transfer list
FORMER Colchester United target man, Kayode Odejayi, has been told that he can leave newly-promoted Rotherham this summer.
Big striker Odejayi, who left the U’s last summer to join the League Two Millers, helped the Yorkshire side to automatic promotion.
Odejayi played 45 games during the season, although 26 of these were from the substitutes’ bench.
He weighed in with five goals.
However, Rotherham manager Steve Evans has announced this week that four of his players have been placed on the transfer list, including Odejayi. The others are Lionel Ainsworth, Nicky Hunt and Ian Sharps.
You may also want to watch:
Millers boss Evans said: “It was a tough decision, but as ever it was very well thought through.
“They’ll attract interest and since we announced it we’ve already had people calling us about them.”
- 1 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 5 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended
Ex-Barnsley and Cheltenham front-runner Odejayi also scored five goals in his previous campaign, his last at Colchester in 2011-12, at the end of which he was crowned U’s player-of-the-year.