Former Witches promoter’s family interest in Ashes test
FORMER Ipswich Witches speedway promoter John Berry has had more than a passing interest in the third Ashes test in Perth.
Berry now lives in the sunshine in Western Australia with wife Linda and son AJ.
His lad plays cricket for Scarborough and along with four other leg break bowlers from the area he was asked to bowl in the nets to the England players during the warm-up to the test.
“AJ was acting as net fodder really,” said cricket fan Berry senior.
“The batsmen were murdering everyone and AJ says that even his best deliveries were blasted straight back over his head.
You may also want to watch:
“He was counting dot balls as wickets and reckons he got two hat tricks in three hours.”
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence