Foul not goal
Ridgeons League Division OneGorleston 0 Haverhill Rovers 0This match saw eight yellow cards and a sending-off, but no goals, as the two sides shared the points.
Ridgeons League Division One
Haverhill Rovers 0
This match saw eight yellow cards and a sending-off, but no goals, as the two sides shared the points.
You may also want to watch:
The first half had relatively few chances, Richard Fruin and Paul Jenkin going close for the home and away sides respectively.
Haverhill were forced to make two substitutions in time added on at the end of the first half, as Marc Abbott (suspected broken foot) and Dan Pilcher (groin strain) were both unable to continue.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's
The second period saw much of the same, although the hosts almost scored after a cross hit the far post and was smothered on the goal-line by away goalkeeper Arron Benstead.
Ben Manning was the red card victim for Gorleston as he was sent off for retaliation after 72 minutes.
Fruin then got the ball in the net from a free-kick but was denied a goal for a foul in the area.
Haverhill also came close at the end, Charlie Henry's effort being put behind off the line by Louis Turner.