Four-time world speedway champion Hans Nielsen set for Foxhall visit. While on-track Tobi Kroner is also back for Morten Risager’s big night
- Credit: Archant
Four-time world speedway champion Hans Nielsen will be one of the star guests at Morten Risager’s Testimonial meeting at Foxhall Stadium on Saturday, March 22.
The ‘Main Dane’ as Nielsen was referred to during an illustrious racing career that saw him win in total 22 world championship gold medals for Denmark, will be in attendance on Risager’s big night and is sure to prove a popular figure for fans to meet.
Nielsen was individual world champion in 1986, 1987, 1989 and when the first-ever championship ran in the Grand Prix format in 1995.
“Hans was a big idol of mine growing up,” Risager said.
“I’ve known him since I was about nine or ten and we have stayed in touch. I’m so honoured that he will be there on my big night. He’s a busy man and I know he helps his children alot playing golf, they are both very good players, especially his daughter Daisy who is a professional.”
You may also want to watch:
And while off-track Nielsen, who is now aged 54, is sure to be a big hit with the paying public, on-track Risager has announced another two riders to compete in his meeting, one of them former Witch, Tobi Kroner.
German, Kroner rode for the Witches between 2007 and 2009 and was a popular member of the Suffolk side.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
He has been added to Risager’s starting 16, along with Mads Korneliussen, who has signed for Elite League Leicester Lions this year.
“I’ve known Mads for a long time and I know Tobi was a very popular rider when he was at Foxhall,” Risager said.
“It’s great they can both make it.”
Morten’s big night will start at 7pm, with the first race at 7.15pm with 26 races, including match races, in total.
Admission prices are as per admission prices for Witches meetings in 2014, with kids going for a quid.
The Witches start their season on the Thursday afterwards, March 27, when Rye House visit Foxhall in a League Cup fixture.
Confirmed starters for Morten’s Testimonial meeting are as follows: Morten Risager, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre, Scott Nicholls, Danny King, Nicolai Klindt, Patrick Hougaard, Ritchie Worrall, Rohan Tungate, Cameron Heeps, Gino Manzares, Richie Hawkins, Tobi Kroner and Mads Korneliussen . . . two to announce.