Fox rejects Colchester
Colchester United's attempts to sign Walsall's Daniel Fox have fallen through after the player failed to agree personal terms.Having agreed an undisclosed fee with the League One side for the 21-year-old defender, Fox arrived in Essex to discuss a contract.
Colchester United's attempts to sign Walsall's Daniel Fox have fallen through after the player failed to agree personal terms.
Having agreed an undisclosed fee with the League One side for the 21-year-old defender, Fox arrived in Essex to discuss a contract.
However, after lengthy negotiations with U's manager Geraint Williams and chairman Robbie Cowling last week, Fox has decided not to put pen to paper.
Geraint told CUFC.com: “We had contact yesterday from Daniel's representatives and they have told us that he has decided not to join Colchester United.
You may also want to watch:
“They said that he had been very impressed with the new stadium, the club's plans and the ambition of the chairman.
“However, at this moment in time, it was not a move that he wanted to make.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
Fox is reported to be attracting interest from other Championship clubs, with his current deal at the Saddlers due to expire this summer.
With Fox's transfer off, Colchester's Chief Executive Marie Partner said: “We still have interest in adding players to the squad and we are making best efforts to progress with the manager's transfer targets.
“As always these things take time but we are doing all we can.”