Framlingham keep their unbeaten league record intact with a comfortable win over Norwich CBS
- Credit: Archant
Framlingham 4 Norwich CBS 0
Framlingham Town welcomed newly-promoted Norwich CBS, last season’s Anglian Combination Premier Division Champions, to Badingham Road for their first visit and the home side ran out comfortable 4-0 victors, writes Iain Smith.
Both sides were without some key players, however the Fram replacements did the club proud.
The visitors started brightly and passed the ball around with confidence before Framlingham settled and were unlucky not to have taken the lead as early as the second minute when Baughurst’s cross eluded all players and rebounded to safety off the far post with Chilvers beaten.
Willett and Ling started to test the home defence with their pace and ‘keeper Howes had to save twice from dangerous crosses before Aldis had a shot from outside the area that went narrowly wide.
On 35 minutes the home side took a deserved lead, Ling ghosted past a Norwich defender passed to Smith who in turn played in Willett who took the ball on before slotting past Howes.
The second half belonged to Framlingham, the defence lead by Johnson and Mayhew were solid, giving Attree and Horton very little space, and the pace and movement of the home forwards were creating chances.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 3 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 4 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 5 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 6 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 7 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
- 8 Five players that could help change Town's fortunes at Wigan
- 9 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 10 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
In the 46th minute Howes dropped a cross and with the ball heading for the net Mason made an excellent clearance for a corner with Thorpe about to prod the ball in for a second goal.
Woodgate had two shots blocked by Mitchell before Framlingham doubled their lead on 64 minutes when Sprague took a short pass from Smith to float the ball back into the area and over the ‘keeper into the far corner of the goal.
It was all action in the visitors’ penalty area in the last few minutes.
Howes tipped a Thorpe header on the post before Danny Smith scored a brace, firstly Johnson’s free-kick found the scorer who turned a shot under the keeper on 87 minutes and Johnson assisted with the fourth when his clearance found Ling to play Smith in on a one-to-one with the keeper to clip the ball in on 90 minutes for a well deserved victory to maintain their unbeaten league record.