Framlingham Lawn Tennis Tournament to host Suffolk Finals on Thursday
There’s a chance to see some of the best tennis players in Suffolk in action in Framlingham tomorrow.
The 124th Annual Framlingham Lawn Tennis Tournament and Suffolk Championships are in full swing, and tomorrow is the Suffolk Finals.
The prestigious event at Framlingham College, the second-oldest tennis tournament in the country, is one of the highlights of the county’s sporting year.
The singles events of the Suffolk Finals start at 1.30pm tomorrow, followed by the doubles competitions.
Jez Cowley and Matt Hough, two of the stars of the Suffolk Men’s team which just finished third out of 44 counties in the country, will be in action in the doubles.
Play starts at 10am tomorrow, entry is free and car parking is available. The postcode for the location is IP13 9EY. Play continues on Friday and Saturday, with the latter hosting the Open Finals from 2pm.
Former French Open champion and Wimbledon finalist Christine Janes (nee Truman) is the president of the tournament and her grandchildren are in action his year, making them the third generation of the family to play at Framlingham.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park