Framlingham: Organisers of 10k race call on supporters to ‘fill the streets’ in celebration of 30th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of a popular running race in east Suffolk are calling for supporters to “fill the streets” in celebration of its 30th anniversary.
The Framlingham 10k returns on Sunday, August 31, featuring senior and junior races, live samba music and food and drink.
Wayne Tilbury-Larter, who is organising this year’s event along with fellow members of the Framlingham Flyers Running Club, is hoping for an extra special turnout to mark the anniversary occasion.
“To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Framlingham 10k we would love to see this year’s race full of faces both from the past and present,” he said.
“Did you compete 30 years ago? Help us fill the streets, come and support your friends and family.
“The Samboomba samba band will be playing and refreshments will be available.”
The senior race starts at 11am, shortly followed by the juniors, with entrants offered a free race T-shirt and memento from the day.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
Visit www.framflyers.org.uk to find out more about the event and how to register.