Framlingham Town end poor run with big win over Debenham LC
- Credit: Archant
Thurlow Nunn First Division Debenham LC 1 Framlingham Town 4 Framlingham secured three points and achieved the double over a Debenham team that were on a six match unbeaten run and end a poor run for the visitors of not having won for the last five games.
On a bright sunny afternoon at the Leisure Centre the pitch was very hard however Framlingham dominated the first half winning headers, tackles and scoring three goals.
On eight minutes Max Willett had the first shot on target and man of the match Danny Smith miscued from a corner.
It was on 15 minutes the visitors took the lead when a sideways pass from Smith set up Chris Boardley who volleyed over
the keeper from inside the penalty area, a goal well deserved from the amount of early posession Fram had.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors continued to push forward as Kerridge had a shot blocked by Debenham’s captain Brock before Smith shot well over the bar from close range.
Debenham managed to venture into the Fram area after 33 minutes, the lively Paris Tuwizana earning a corner.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
On 37 minutes Alex Bevens played a diagonal ball into Willett’s path and he kept the ball rolling for Danny Smith to get past Brock and score at the second attempt.
Two minutes later John Kerridge used his strength to get a shot in but the keeper was unable to prevent the ball from bouncing away to Willett who powered a third goal for the visitors from close range.
On 43 minutes Rose had his first save to make as Tuwizana found a way past Johson to shoot at an angle.
With Debenham introducing all three subs for the second half they pulled a goal back on 54 minutes from the penalty spot, Tuwizana scoring to the right of keeper Rose.
As Debenham pushed forward in search of another goal they had a shout for another penalty turned down and in the aftermath of questions to the referee subsitute Zehann Young was red carded for threatening behaviour towards a Framlingham player.
Willett had an excellent chance to increase Fram’s lead but shot at the keeper when through on goal before an own goal really settled affairs in the 81st minutes following a Johnson header.