Francis signs for Lowestoft Town
FORMER Woodbridge Town striker Joe Francis has signed for Lowestoft Town.Francis has joined the Trawlerboys on a two-and-a-half year deal from Blue Square North club Corby Town.
FORMER Woodbridge Town striker Joe Francis has signed for Lowestoft Town.
Francis has joined the Trawlerboys on a two-and-a-half year deal from Blue Square North club Corby Town.
The 23-year-old left-sided striker, who was born in Ipswich, played for SIL side Westerfield United before making his name at Ridgeons League Premier Division side Woodbridge Town.
You may also want to watch:
During the 2006/07 season he had an extensive trial with Ipswich Town, who decided against offering him a contract but helped to get him fixed up with King's Lynn, who he joined in June 2007.
Francis scored 23 goals for the Linnets in the 2007/08 season as they won the Premier Division of the British Gas Business League, and he was voted the BGB Player of the Year.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
He subsequently left The Walks to join Corby Town, but has now decided to continue his career at Crown Meadow with the Ryman League Division One North club.