Francis signs for Lowestoft Town
FORMER Woodbridge Town striker Joe Francis has signed for Lowestoft Town.Francis has joined the Trawlerboys on a two-and-a-half year deal from Blue Square North club Corby Town.
FORMER Woodbridge Town striker Joe Francis has signed for Lowestoft Town.
Francis has joined the Trawlerboys on a two-and-a-half year deal from Blue Square North club Corby Town.
The 23-year-old left-sided striker, who was born in Ipswich, played for SIL side Westerfield United before making his name at Ridgeons League Premier Division side Woodbridge Town.
During the 2006/07 season he had an extensive trial with Ipswich Town, who decided against offering him a contract but helped to get him fixed up with King's Lynn, who he joined in June 2007.
Francis scored 23 goals for the Linnets in the 2007/08 season as they won the Premier Division of the British Gas Business League, and he was voted the BGB Player of the Year.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 5 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 6 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 7 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 8 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 9 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
He subsequently left The Walks to join Corby Town, but has now decided to continue his career at Crown Meadow with the Ryman League Division One North club.