‘Frank fully deserved his goals’ – McGreal on Nouble
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Frank Nouble plundered a second-half brace as dazzling Colchester United comfortably defeated Yeovil Town 3-1 at home tonight, to move up to fourth in League Two.
Nouble cracked home shots in the 59th and 84th minutes, after Tom Eastman had broken the deadline on 25 minutes with a low drive following a corner.
It was a fourth win in six home league starts for John McGreal’s men.
“Frank (Nouble) fully deserved his goals. He has been terrific for us since he came to the club,” enthused McGreal.
“He has now scored three goals for us, playing in a wide area. He works so hard, and he took his goals very well.
You may also want to watch:
“But this was a very good effort from the whole team tonight. Collectively, the whole team deserves the plaudits.
“We knew that we had to tighten up in a few areas, after the defeat to Bury (on Saturday), and that’s what we did against a good Yeovil team who had scored six goals at Newport and four at Notts County.”
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship