Frankie Kent back in the frame for Colchester United
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Frankie Kent is on the comeback trail and available to bolster Colchester United’s defence, if required, for Friday afternoon’s home clash with league leaders Luton Town.
Centre-half Kent has sat out the U’s last two games, the 0-0 away draw at Morecambe and last Saturday’s 1-0 win at Stevenage, due to a knee injury which he aggravated during the warm-up at Morecambe’s Globe Arena last Tuesday week.
“Frankie has come through training well this week,” revealed U’s boss John McGreal following this morning’s training session.
“He’s had a good few days training, since going down at Morecambe.
“So I have one or two options, which gives me food for thought, going into the game against the league leaders,” added McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s operated with a flat back four for the two recent away games, helping to achieve a four-point haul, but the U’s boss could recall Kent and switch to a three-man defence against the Hatters.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project