Frankie Kent is third Colchester United player to sign a new deal
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Frankie Kent has followed in the footsteps of fellow defender Tom Eastman, and attacker Gavin Massey, by this afternoon signing a new contract at Colchester United.
Promising teenager Kent, who has broken into the U’s first team this season, following Magnus Okuonghae’s lengthy four-match suspension, has signed a new contract which will keep him at the U’s for the next three-and-a-half-years.
His current contract was set to expire next summer, but now centre-half Kent has signed for a further three years.
“I’m really pleased. It’s been such a long journey for me,” explained Kent this lunchtime.
“To get to where I am now, has required a lot of hard work, and of course that hard work does not end here.
You may also want to watch:
“I just hope that I can keep up my form. At the moment, I feel really comfortable playing.
“I’ve grown into it,” added Kent, an Academy product.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site