Frankie Kent signs a new deal at Colchester United
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United centre-half Frankie Kent has this afternoon signed a new contract.
Kent has penned a new deal, which extends his stay at the Essex club for a further two-and-a-half-years, up to the end of the 2019-20 season.
A product of the U’s Academy, Kent is currently sidelined by an ankle injury, but he remains very much in the long-term plans of manager John McGreal.
“It’s all worked out well, and I see this as another stepping stone for me,” explained Kent.
“I’ve come up through the youth system and the Academy, and I’ve gradually established myself in the first team.
You may also want to watch:
“So I think it’s the right thing to do, to sign this new contract.
“It gives me some security, which is important. That was a major part of me signing this new deal,” added Kent.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 8 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
The U’s are at home to Wycombe Wanderers this Saturday.