Freddie is back for U’s
- Credit: Archant
COLCHESTER United boss Joe Dunne confirmed this morning that Freddie Sears would return to the squad for this Saturday’s trip to Notts County.
Leading scorer Sears has missed the last seven games, due to a knee injury.
Dunne revealed: “Freddie played for the Reserves this week and scored. He also looked sharp, so he will go into the squad for this weekend.”
In fact, the U’s will have a very strong squad at Meadow Lane. Winger George Porter is available again, after serving a three-match suspension, while striker Michael Smith had his loan deal from Charlton extended until the end of this season, earlier in the week.
Centre-half Josh Thompson will miss out, due to a sore hamstring, as will fellow central defender Tom Eastman (ankle injury), but Matt Heath will be added to the squad.
You may also want to watch:
Heath might well be on the bench as back-up for Magnus Okuonghae and John White.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143