Freddie Sears and Sam Walker in contract talks at Colchester United
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Star striker Freddie Sears is in talks with Colchester United, about a possible new contract.
And keeper Sam Walker is also mulling over the offer of a new two-year deal, as U’s boss Tony Humes attempts to secure the services of his most important players, long term.
Both deadly marksman Sears, and commanding custodian Walker, will be free agents next summer, unless they put pen to paper on new deals.
“Talks are underway with Freddie,” revealed Humes.
“He’s out of contract at the end of the season, so we will wait and see what happens.”
You may also want to watch:
Humes added: “An offer has gone out to Sam Walker, for the next two years.
“Sam is looking at that and will make his decision, but we are hopeful that both Sam and Freddie will commit to us.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
“They will have time to think about it, before they come back to us.”
For the full story, sees today’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ newspaper