Freddie Sears hails Colchester United debutant Rhys Healey
Colchester United’s Freddie Sears was full of praise for fellow striker Rhys Healey, following Saturday’s terrific 3-0 win at bottom club Crewe.
Sears broke the deadlock with a 57th minute opening goal, before Healey doubled the lead just six minutes later.
It was the perfect way for 19-year-old Healey to kick-off his U’s career, following his loan move from Cardiff City. Gresty Road was his U’s debut.
“Rhys (Healey) looks good. He is a real finisher,” enthused Sears.
“He’s only been here a week, but it’s clear that he scores goals, and he does that in training pretty regularly.
You may also want to watch:
“I think you saw today (at Crewe), when Rhys scores with his first or second touch.
““It was a great finish, and that really killed the game at 2-0,” added Sears.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
The U’s are on the road again on Saturday, away at Preston.