Freddie Sears returns to full training
- Credit: Archant
FREDDIE Sears is back in training and could be involved against Leyton Orient on Saturday.
Ex-West Ham attacker Sears, who is Colchester United’s leading scorer this season with eight goals, has missed the last six games due to a knee injury.
But he was set to resume full training today, and how he reacts to this morning’s work-out will ultimately determine whether the 23-year-old is fit enough to be included in the squad against the O’s.
Manager Joe Dunne revealed: “Freddie is training today, after which we will assess him.
“He has been training with the physiotherapist. He will train with us fully today, and we’ll see how much he does and how he goes,
You may also want to watch:
“If he gets through today –because it will be tough – then he should be OK tomorrow. We will then see whether or not to add him to the squad,” added Dunne.
The U’s are four points clear of the drop zone, with five games remaining.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week