Freddie Veseli joins Bury on loan for a month
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town defender Freddie Veseli has joined League Two side Bury on loan for a month.
The Swiss-born 21-year-old – who can play at right-back, centre-back and central midfield – signed for Ipswich in the summer after being released by Manchester United, just 18 months after the Red Devils had themselves signed him from rivals Manchester City.
A regular for the Blues in pre-season, Veseli started the campaign behind Elliott Hewitt in the right-back pecking order while more recently he has found his chances in that role limited by Luke Chambers.
His sole first team appearance for the Blues was in the 2-0 League Cup defeat at Stevenage back in August.
Meanwhile, teenage right-back Elliott Hewitt has rejoined League One side Gillingham on loan having recovered from the ankle injury which interrupted his spell with the Gills at the start of the month.
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old Wales Under-21 international made three appearances for Peter Taylor’s side prior to suffering the injury.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices