SIL Senior preview: Rock-bottom Ransomes face tall order as they host table-toppers Achilles
- Credit: Archant
There’s a chance for rock-bottom Ransomes Sports to cause a big upset in the SIL Senior Division this weekend, as they welcome table-toppers Achilles.
Free-scoring Achilles have six wins and a draw from their first seven games, boast a goal difference of plus 23, and must be confident of boosting that further.
Ransomes have just one point from their first eight games, and already have a goal difference of minus 43 – so it will take a significant ripping up of the formbook for the home side to get anything from the clash.
Second-place Wenhaston United, who have played three more games than Achilles, will look to keep in touch as they host Coplestonians, who sit in 11th spot.
Felixstowe Harpers United are third, with five wins, two losses and two draws from their opening nine matches. They travel to Bramford, who sit tenth.
You may also want to watch:
Fourth place Benhall St Mary, meanwhile, travel to Grundisburgh.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car