Fulham now want Boro star too
ROY Hodgson has joined the chase for in-demand Middlesbrough wing ace Adam Johnson. (The Sun)The Fulham boss must join a long queue as anyone from Real Madrid to Everton have shown an interest in signing the England Under-21 star.
ROY Hodgson has joined the chase for in-demand Middlesbrough wing ace Adam Johnson. (The Sun)
The Fulham boss must join a long queue as anyone from Real Madrid to Everton have shown an interest in signing the England Under-21 star.
Johnson, 22, now looks certain to quit the Riverside in January.
Damien Duff, 30, has impressed since joining Fulham from Newcastle in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
But Hodgson is keen to add to his thin squad.
And he sees livewire Johnson as the man to inject some flair into Fulham's midfield.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
The only stumbling block could be the player's transfer fee - but Hodgson may spark a bidding war by tabling a �3million bid.
Boro chief executive Keith Lamb says the club would not welcome any move for their prize asset.
He said: "We want him to stay."
But his hand may be forced with Johnson out of contract in the summer.