Fulham or AC Milan for Crouch
FULHAM are preparing a �10million offer for Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch - with AC Milan also weighing up a bid. (Daily Mail)Manager Roy Hodgson has identified the England centre forward as the man to help his side make the next step up after qualifying for the Europa League.
FULHAM are preparing a �10million offer for Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch - with AC Milan also weighing up a bid. (Daily Mail)
Manager Roy Hodgson has identified the England centre forward as the man to help his side make the next step up after qualifying for the Europa League.
Milan have Crouch, 28, in their sights if they fail to land their first-choice, Sevilla's Luis Fabiano.
Crouch will jump at the chance of a move to Italy, particularly after Milan indicated that they would pay much more than his current �70,000 a week.
You may also want to watch:
Crouch has grown frustrated with developments at Portsmouth with the majority of the squad due to leave this summer, players still in the dark over the club's ambitions following Dr Sulaiman's takeover bid and rumours over the managerial situation.
Hodgson has also expressed interest in Chelsea's Franco di Santo on loan and Manchester City's Jo but the latter is destined for Everton.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
However, with Crouch at the top of his list, Hodgson is pressing ahead with his recruitment plans and is also expected to make a move for West Bromwich Albion captain Jonathan Greening.
Greening, 30, was one of Albion's best performers last season but would be interested in prolonging his career in the top flight. An offer of around �3m may be acceptable for Albion as they look to rebuild in the Championship.
They rejected an offer of �750,000 from Bolton yesterday for Greening's close friend Paul Robinson but expect a renewed bid. Robinson, 30, who has a year left on his contract plus a 12-month option, is valued at �1m.
Crouch wants to make sure he is in a position of strength when it comes to claiming a place in England's World Cup squad and Hodgson's reaffirmed reputation as a top coach will help sway any deal.