Fulham to seal defender loan swoop
FULHAM are keen to seal a loan swoop for Aston Villa's Nicky Shorey. (Sky Sports) The England international has already taken in a spell at Championship outfit Nottingham Forest this season.
FULHAM are keen to seal a loan swoop for Aston Villa's Nicky Shorey. (Sky Sports)
The England international has already taken in a spell at Championship outfit Nottingham Forest this season.
The 28-year-old full-back joined the Reds in November after falling out of favour at Villa Park and remained at the City Ground until mid-January.
Forest were keen to extend his time on the banks of the Trent, but Martin O'Neill opted to recall him after Stephen Warnock was struck down by injury.
You may also want to watch:
That problem is not believed to be as bad as first feared, though, and Villa could be persuaded to let Shorey head out on loan once more.
Fulham boss Roy Kodgson is leading the line of potential takers, with the Cottagers currently short on options at left-back.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
Paul Koncheskey is sidelined at present with an ankle knock and it remains unclear how long he will be out of action for.
That has persuaded Hodgson that he would be best advised to dip into the transfer market and bring in suitable cover while he still can.