Fundraisers in the frame to pocket charity cash
SNOOKER fans gathered for a star studded night of trick-shots and big breaks in aid of cancer sufferers.
The charity event featured legends of the game Ronnie O’Sullivan, Jimmy White and John Virgo, who took part in some friendly frames and posed for photos with some of their biggest fans.
Cancer sufferer Jacki Ithier organised the fundraising evening at the Charter Hall in Colchester last night to raise money for the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity, which funds cancer support centres offering a range of therapies
The 43-year-old, of Wordsworth Avenue, Maldon, has been undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer at Chelmsford’s Broomfield Hospital since February. She said: “We hope to raise around �10,000 for the charity, but anything more would be very much appreciated. We have been given lots of great snooker memorabilia to give away, including some items owned by Alex Higgins.
Jacki, who is married and a mother of two stepchildren, has known three-times world champion O’Sullivan since he was an up-and-coming player and even ran his website during the early years of his career.
You may also want to watch:
Snooker fan Colin Chattey, who has terminal cancer, was delighted to be invited along by Jacki and have his own cue signed by the game’s greats. The 48-year-old, who has run marathons to raise cash for cancer charities, said: “These are my sporting heroes and a great inspiration to me.”
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 10 Gameday: 'Lots of work to do' - Town fans on Millwall defeat