Fynn Valley short-listed for England golf award
- Credit: Archant
Fynn Valley Golf Club is short-listed for one of the prestigious 2017 England Golf awards.
They are in a category as “the most welcoming golf club”.
Others named are Leeds Golf Centre, Bromley Golf Centre and Hollingbury Park in Sussex. The Point at Polzeath (Cornwall) and Essendon County Club (Hertfordshire) are competing for GolfMark Club of the Year.
More finalists have yet to be named.
The winners of three categories will be announced at Lord’s Cricket Ground on March 16 where there will be a dinner attended by Fynn Valley officials including the men’s and ladies’ captains and the club professional.
All six finalists are stand-out examples of clubs which go the extra mile to give the best possible experience to members, visitors and potential new players.
England Golf chief executive Nick Pink said: “These six finalists are fantastic clubs which put their customers first and help to show that golf is a welcoming sport for all. We look forward to highlighting their great work at the England Golf Awards.”
- 1 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 2 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 3 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 4 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 8 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 9 Death of Sophie Riley was misadventure, inquest jury concludes
- 10 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
The awards will celebrate all that is great about golf in England. They will recognise leading professionals, elite amateurs, top coaches and the stars of club and county golf who do so much to inspire people to play the game.
England Golf’s assessment of Fynn Valley reads “The club started 25 years ago, believing golf should be accessible to everyone. It has always been open to all with no dress code. There’s a strong golfing and social programme, great coaching opportunities and an annual ‘give golf a go’ day aimed at families. New members receive a comprehensive welcome pack and plenty of help to settle in and find playing partners. Communication with staff, members and visitors is excellent.”
Work is soon to start on the massive changes at Fynn Valley that include a new club house overlooking the first tee.
The England Golf Awards’ dinner is attracting influential names from the golf and sporting world. Tickets cost £75 per person. Anyone booking a table of 10 will get one place free. Everyone attending will be entered in a free draw for prizes including tickets to The Open, a Middlesex match day at Lord’s and a four-ball at Frilford Heath.