GALLERY: Bury Town 0 Wealdstone 1
- Credit: Andy Abbott
Bury Town failed to score for the third successive home game as they went down to a strong Wealdstone side in a tight encounter.
Wealdstone took the lead on ten minutes when Tom Pett got clear in the box and although Marcus Garnham blocked his first effort, he regained possession and fired home.
Bury tried to get back into the game but were unable to make any impression on the visitors’ defence despite some neat approach play and an even share of the possession.
Neither keeper was seriously troubled for the rest of the half as both defences held firm.
Bury started the second half well but were still unable to get behind the Wealdstone defence although they were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty on 54 minutes when John Sands appeared to be pushed in the back as he ran in on goal.
You may also want to watch:
The game then began to open up and Logan missed probably Bury’s best chance when heading wide from Russell Short’s cross.
So Bury slipped to their second home defeat of the season and will need to regroup for Tuesday’s visit of Enfield Town if they are to remain in the top half of the table.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 8 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 9 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
Non-league reports - http://bit.ly/1evMKKT