GALLERY: Colchester United’s Luke Garbutt stays positive
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Luke Garbutt is staying positive, and who can blame him?
Even though Colchester United have mustered only one victory from their last 17 league and cup games, Garbutt was staying upbeat after Saturday’s gutsy 1-1 draw at Preston.
It was the Everton loanee’s 77th minute cracker that earned the U’s an unlikely point, from their trip to Deepdale.
“I think there is a lot of work to be done, to turn those draws into wins, but we’d take this result at Deepdale,” insisted Garbutt.
“We just have to get up for every game, and always be positive.
You may also want to watch:
“Perhaps the win will come from someone scoring off their backside, to clinch a 1-0 victory. So be it, we would take that.
“Our team spirit is taking us a long way.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
“The lads are saying that last season we would have got beaten in this game (at Preston), so we will take the positives from that,” added Garbutt.
Left-sided specialist Garbutt has now scored two goals in his last two outings, following on from a superb strike in the FA Cup defeat to Sheffield United.
The U’s entertain mid-table Mk Dons in another League One game tomorrow evening.