GALLERY: Daryl Murphy’s late winner against Huddersfield completes a perfect week for Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich v Huddersfield: Daryl Murphy headed home in the 89th minute to secure Ipswich Town an unlikely come-from-behind victory over Huddersfield Town.
The Blues trailed 1-0 at half-time courtesy of Danny Ward’s 35th minute strike, with James Vaughan having seen a penalty saved and Adam Hammill hitting the crossbar either side of the opener.
After David McGoldrick’s fine strike levelled things up in the 50th minute, both sides had spells on top before the game appeared to be fizzling out towards a stalemate.
The Terriers – who had won their previous three matches – failed to clear a deep Aaron Cresswell free-kick at the end though, with Murphy nodding home from close-range.
The Blues may have the joint-worst record in the Championship when it comes to dropping points from winning positions (17, equal with Blackpool), but they now have the best record when it comes to gaining points from losing positions (13).
You may also want to watch:
This is Ipswich’s 12th consecutive season in the second tier. In only two of those campaigns (03/04 and 04/05) have they had more points at the 19-game mark.
Joe Royle’s team went on to finish fifth and third in those two seasons respectively.
- Photographer Sarah Lucy Brown was there to capture all the action. Click here to see a gallery of pictures.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 A12 fully reopened after crash
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results