Gallery: Golf day raises �1.5k for young athletes
FORMER Ipswich Town greats and many of the region’s top businesses gathered for a golf day in support of Team Ipswich’s Sports Foundation, in partnership with the East Anglian Daily Times and Evening Star, on Wednesday.
The 27-hole format, held at Ufford Park, just outside Woodbridge, saw more than �1,500 raised - money that is set to go to young up-and-coming athletes in the Ipswich area to assist with their training and competition.
Thankfully the showers mostly stayed away and a 27-hole competition (a nine-hole Texas Scramble, followed by an 18-hole team match), was keenly contested, with Prettys and John Grose winning the Texas Scramble, while Archant A pipped the Ipswich Town Legends team of Mick Mills, Mick Lambert, Bryan Hamilton and Simon Milton to victory in the 18-hole team competition.
An All Stars team was led by former Olympic swimmer Karen Pickering – an ambassador for sport in Ipswich – who later in the evening presented cheques to Ipswich youngsters, from the Team Ipswich Sports Foundation, totalling �1,650, to help with their training and competition.
Archant MD Stuart McCreery presented the golf prizes at the end of a successful day, with Team Ipswich continuing to raise the profile of young sporting talent in the town and receiving the business support from the region, they richly deserve.
You may also want to watch:
- Click the link on the right of this page for a gallery from the day and look out for more coverage in tomorrow’s papers.
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases