Gallery: Harriers trio head field in Framlingham 10K
IPSWICH Harriers enjoyed a fantastic one-two-three at the annual Framlingham 10K road race, hosted by Framlingham Flyers on Sunday.
Elliot Palmer blazed to victory in 33mins 15secs, finishing just 18 seconds ahead of club-mate Kieran Clements. Fellow Harrier Jack Garvin clocked 35.24 in third.
In fact, the top five were all from Ipswich clubs, because JAFFA team-mates Brad Jones and Robert Chenery were fourth and fifth respectively.
It was a terrific run from Jones, who has made giant strides over the last year, while Chenery was fresh from a successful summer, during which he won all three races in the Bungay 10K Series, and also triumphed at the Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog in the forest at Brandon.
Elaine Brent, running in the colours of New Zealand club Wellington AC, was an emphatic winner of the ladies’ race. Brent registered 37.46, finishing six minutes ahead of her closest female rivals. She was only beaten by 11 men.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s event was so popular that the decision was made not to accept entries on the day, due to the bumper pre-race entry.
Saint Edmund Pacers replicated the feat of Ipswich Harriers in the senior race by achieving a clean-sweep in the supporting junior fun run.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Jake McCarthy was first home in 5mins 00secs, just seven seconds ahead of Pacers club-mates Emma Watts (first girl) and Ieuan Alldis (first under-13 boy).
There were also category wins for fellow Pacers Gaia Johnstone (under-13 girls) and Thomas McCarthy (first under-10 boy).
See more pictures online at www.eadt.co.uk