Gallery: Hundreds complete Felixstowe half-marathon
HUNDREDS of runners took to the streets of Felixstowe, in the blazing autumn sunshine to tackle the town’s annual half marathon.
More than 400 competitors battled the blustery conditions on the coast to pass the finishing line on promenade yesterday.
And huge crowds lined the streets cheering on the runners as they weaved their way through the seaside town to complete the 13.1-mile course.
Organiser and member of the Felixstowe Road Runners, Andy Gordon said the event had been a “huge success.”
“It was brilliant,” he said. “We had great weather, it was a little bit windy and I am sure the runners found the sunshine tricky but the crowds loved it.
You may also want to watch:
“We had around 558 runners registered to take part and about 450 made it past the finishing line.
“We had a huge crowd, especially along the prom, just lots of people everywhere, out for the day, enjoying the weather and cheering the runners on.”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
The event, which started in the 1980’s, is sponsored by the shipping firm MSC.
This year the event will raise money for a Motor Neurone charity.