Gallery: Ipswich Town lose at home to Burnley
Ipswich Town were undone by a late Scott Arfield goal at Portman Road on Saturday.
The Burnley midfielder swooped to head home the only goal of the game as Town went down 1-0 to the Championship league leaders.
Up till then Mick McCarthy’s side had matched the Clarets in all areas of the park, but on a day of few chances, it was Arfield who grabbed one of the very few.
“They were more accomplished than us,” said Blues boss McCarthy.
“They just had a Johnny on the spot who took his chance.”
You may also want to watch:
Relive the highs and lows with our match gallery, top right.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first