Gallery: Ipswich YM host successful youth and junior event
Ipswich YM hosted a hugely successful mini festival at the weekend.
Over 500 children, from the host club, as well as Bury St Edmunds, Sudbury, Woodbridge and Wymondham, competed in “A” and “Development” competitions, and every child went away with a medal for their efforts.
The original event scheduled for the weekend was set to attract over 1,000 youngsters, but circumstances beyond the club’s control meant a scaled-down version was held. The tournament that was set to be held, has been scheduled for March next year.
Organiser, YM’s Andrew Moore said: “It was absolutely brilliant and worth all the hard work it took to stage the event
“The great thing was that we held a competition for A teams as well as one for development teams, which is quite unusual.
You may also want to watch:
“Normally, the same A teams go to tournaments and the same children tend to win each time.
“By holding two separate competitions, it gave children, who perhaps don’t usually win anything, the chance to be involved.”
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
The only slight negative of the day was an injury to an under-12 player which caused an early finish to that particular competition.
Fortunately, the child involved, who suffered a neck injury, was fine. Moore said: “It was great to see everyone rallying around to help when that (injury) happened.”